Virtual Learning Family Support
Translate this page
- FCPS Schoology
- Guide for Logging into Zoom through Schoology (English I Spanish)
- FCPS Family Tech Support Page
How Students and Staff Should Prepare for Inclement Weather and Virtual Learning
- Students and staff should take their devices home each day. If your child is currently isolating or quarantining and needs to pick up a device from the school to engage in virtual learning, please contact your school directly.
- Review the Student Technology Readiness Checklist with your child and complete all the at-home readiness steps.
- Read any messages from your school or teacher to know what to expect.
- Make plans for childcare. if needed.
What to Expect on a Virtual Learning Inclement Weather Day
Virtual learning will be synchronous or live, teacher-led instruction. However, teachers may prepare emergency asynchronous lessons that can be used if they have issues connecting due to power or other unforeseen circumstances.
The Inclement Weather Virtual Learning Day Schedule will be utilized. This will include a two-hour delay for all schools to allow time for students to prepare by checking their devices and making sure they can log in to their virtual learning tools.
Teachers will take attendance in SIS as they would on an in-person day. Students who are unable to connect will be marked absent, but given an opportunity to make up work. Thank you for taking the time to prepare for the possibility of an inclement weather learning day. We hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend, and we look forward to resuming teaching and learning on Tuesday. Please check your messages in the usual way for any special messages or weather-related announcements.
Belle View will follow the schedule below on virtual learning days-
10:30- 11:00-- Morning Meeting/ Reunión matutina
11:00-12:00-- Language Arts & Reading Instruction/ Arte del Lenguaje & Enseñanza de la lectura
12:00-12:30-- Lunch/ Almuerzo
12:30-1:00-- Recess/ Recreo
1:00-2:00-- Math/ Matemáticas
2:00-2:15-- Screen break/ Descanso de pantalla
2:15-2:45-- Science and/or Social Studies/ Ciencias y/o Estudios Sociales (asincrónico)
2:45- 3:15-- Special Block (asynchronous)/ Bloque especial (asincrónico)